Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blame It on the Rain

Day 9
Neighborhoods Covered: Almost unspeakably small strips of the Mission and Pacific Heights
Streets Completed: None

Yesterday started out sort of overcast and, by mid-day, had turned hideous. In the later part of the afternoon, as I worked in the relative hush of a client's living room on the fifth floor of a Pacific Heights apartment building, I could see the rain battering the windows and hear the wind howling in the chimney. Not exactly pleasant walking weather.

And, indeed, I did almost no walking, except for the jags to and from my garage and then to and from my car: a mid-block to mid-block span of York Street while visiting my Shanti client, and a trail from Webster, up Buchanan, and onto Jackson to get to my client's.

Today may not turn out to be any better. For every slash of bright, clear sunlight, there's an equal and opposite pouring of rain, and I'm not quite sure I'm willing to risk being soaked sideways to knock off a few streets. But from my front window I can see a patch of blue, so perhaps there's hope. I could use some movement, and could seriously use some distraction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heart you.

sgazzetti said...

Is your post title a fictional Seinfeld film title? Like "Prognosis: Negative"?

Emily said...

It's a planned Milli Vanilli/Seinfeld mash-up, J.